Monday 7 December 2015

Hey guys!
If you’re a subscriber to my Youtube channel, you may have noticed last week I posted a DIY Christmas wreath and garland video. I enjoyed making these so much that I decided to do a blog post on the DIYs too, so here it is!


I started with my supplies, most of them were conveniently from Wilkinsons in the UK, this place is surprisingly GREAT for crafting at Christmas so I highly suggest you take a trip there as everything is so affordable! I managed to pick up my rattan wreath from there for £5, and my luxurious 2m garland for £10 (quite a bargain in comparison to some other I’d seen around!)

Other supplies were priced as follows:
- 50 pack of berries for £1 
- 2 packs of 5 cinnamon sticks for £1 each 
- 3 berry stems for £1 each 
- A can of snow spray for around £1.70 (all from Wilkinsons but you can find all of this online) 
- 42 snow covered pinecones for £2.99 from B&M

I also had to purchase myself a glue gun which I found on Ebay for around £6, but you might already have one of these!

I roughly worked out where I wanted everything to go on my wreath, and used my glue gun to attach everything down when I was happy. I stuck down the larger items first, then used the smaller berries to cover up any obvious patches of glue. 
When I was happy with everything, I sprayed the snow spray lightly over the majority of the wreath. I then coated the entire thing with a light spray of clear lacquer to keep the snow spray in place!


When making the garland, I decided to use the snow spray first to cover the entire length in a layer of snow before adding the decorative bits. I then sealed the snow spray with clear lacquer. 
I pulled apart the berry stems so I had more to work with, and distributed these evenly along the garland. I placed the pinecones and cinnamon sticks evenly along the garland, then stuck them all in place with hot glue. 
I used the burlap ribbon that was originally wrapped around the garland to make hanging loops to hang onto my fireplace, and then as an added touch, I hung some IKEA fairly lights along the garland.

If you’re interested in watching me make both of these, go check out my Youtube channel for the video!